Updated October 26, 2020
- Who can visit Belize?
Any traveller is permitted to visit Belize at this time. All travellers must:
- download the Belize Health App and input the required information no more than 72 hours prior to landing in Belize, and
- bring along a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival in Belize, or test upon arrival if you are unable to bring a negative PCR test.
- Where can I find the Belize Health App?
The Belize Health App is available for download via APK file for Android (version 1.09 or newer) and in the App Store. The App can also be downloaded via https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety. The App can be downloaded at any time prior to your trip to Belize, but your information should be entered no more than 72 hours prior to your arrival in Belize. Once complete, you’ll receive a unique travel ID and QR code; it is recommended that you take a screenshot of this to show the Health Officer upon arrival in Belize.
- I do not have a smartphone/not travelling with a phone – how will I be able to register for the Belize Health App?
If you don’t have a smart phone, the App can also be downloaded to a tablet.
- Where can I find a list of all the countries approved for entry to Belize?
The Government of Belize (GOB) does not currently have any travel bans in place. We encourage you to visit www.travelbelize.org regularly for updates on Covid-19, as the situation remains fluid.
- What specific measures are being taken in Belize to protect visitors from contracting the virus?
As we reopen for travel, our primary concern is to assure both travellers and residents that Belize’s tourism product is cleaner and safer than ever before. A series of new enhanced health and safety protocols have been put in place to protect visitors, Belizeans, and our communities.
- Mandatory use of face masks in public spaces
- Enforcement of social distancing measures in public spaces such as restaurants, bars, grocery stores, retail stores, etc.
- Introduction of a “Tourism Gold Standard Program” for hotels, restaurants and tour operators, and a certification program for gift shops, and car rentals and taxis. The Gold Standard program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product. Some of these new measures include:
- Online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Enhanced cleaning and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Capacity restrictions for all tourism sites to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Smaller tour groups to provide a more intimate tour experience
Gold Standard entities can be easily identified by looking for the Gold Standard Certificate or Safety seal.